With Purim next Sunday, the Ha’Am staff has been busy preparing. Check out our favorite Purim-related links from around the Web.
1. Brush up on your knowledge of Jewish law and custom pertaining to this major historical holiday with this step-by-step guide.
2. Kolrom Animation Studios recently put out Megillas Lester, a short animated film about a boy who travels back in time — only to mess up the Purim story by warning Queen Vashti to obey the king’s order! It’s now up to Doniel “Lester” Lesterovitch to save history. (Not endorsed by Ha’Am.)
3. Florida middle-schoolers created an interactive video game, called “Whack-A-Haman,” that teaches about the Purim story.
4. Tired of plain raspberry or poppyseed hamantaschen? Try one of these recipes for creative fillings and doughs, from Caramelized Onion and Goat Cheese Savory Pizza Hamantaschen to Lemon Bar and Samoa Hamantaschen, including gluten-free versions.
5. For those a bit fuzzy on the Purim story — and why we really care, more than a millennium after — take a look at this animated video about the holiday’s background and deeper meaning.
6. Short on cash and time, but still want to give your friends some great mishlo’ach manot Purim baskets? These DIY ideas were practically made for the college student approaching finals. (If you’ve got less time, you can buy Purim gift baskets from a company such as Kosher Gift Box and have them shipped to family and friends, but these are obviously more expensive.)