With Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions against Israel garnering so much press recently, Ha’Am’s staff picked their favorite links for why Israel is great — and BDS is, well, not.
1. One reason to support Israel: it’s a bastion of morality and politeness (Hebrew with English translations).
2. This well-animated video provides a crash course on Israel’s establishment and accomplishments to date.
3. Teams of Israeli medics and doctors are saving lives in Syria’s ongoing civil war, without recognition or recompense.
4. Omar Barghouti is one of the founders of BDS and actively encourages people to boycott the country and its academic institutions. But he, himself, won’t boycott it — he’s studying for a Master’s at Tel-Aviv University.
5. Why the Hollywood set also doesn’t support BDS.
6. Former Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas doesn’t like BDS, either.
7. Here’s why.
8. Joan Rivers, however, loves Israel. Here are her top 10 favorite things about the Holy Land.