Hi, everyone! It is Judith again, with a new recipe to share. Students have asked me to offer an easy vegan recipe, so here is one that I love and enjoy.
Parve and Vegan Pate à la Judith
This dish is delicious. Be sure to make extras to keep in your fridge and eat throughout the week to give yourself strength and energy as you run from class to class.
- 1 lb firm tofu
- 1 small can red beans
- 1 lb regular mushrooms
- 2 large onions
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Vegetable oil for frying onions
- ½ cup red or white wine (optional)
- Fry onions in a pan until they are well done (brown and caramelized).
- Remove onions from pan and dry on a paper towel.
- Use the same skillet and oil to sauté the washed and dried mushrooms. Then, place the mushrooms into a large bowl.
- Next, add onions, red beans, and the drained firm tofu to the bowl. Mix well.
- Chop the mixture into coarse pieces using a chopping board or place in a blinder and chop for a few seconds only. You do not want the tofu to look like baby food.
- Return the pate mixture into a bowl. Add salt, pepper and wine to taste.
Now this dish is ready to eat. It can be served with crackers, toast or on top of a plate of quinoa or brown rice.