Happy Halloween from the staff of Ha’Am!
Whether you choose to celebrate tonight by dressing up, trick-or-treating, devouring candy, partying, or watching a scary movie (or doing nothing special because Halloween is a pagan holiday and Purim is better), treat yourself to something sweet by trying our Pumpkin Blondies recipe. They’re perfect for bringing the fall pumpkin flavor into your home.
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- ¾ teaspoon finely grated fresh ginger
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled to room temperature
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups unsweetened pumpkin puree
- One 12 oz. bag of white chocolate chips
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans (optional)
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 35-40 minutes
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter 9 x 13 inch baking pan and line with parchment paper. Combine flour, salt, cinnamon and ginger in a large bowl and whisk to sift. In another large mixing bowl, carefully whisk together cooled butter and sugars until the sugar is evenly incorporated and the mixture is free of lumps. Whisk in egg and vanilla until smooth and then gradually add pumpkin, whisking until smooth. Slowly fold in the flour mixture, being careful to fully incorporate it. Stir in white chocolate chips and pecans (if desired). Pour batter into the baking pan and bake for 35-40 minutes. Cool blondies completely, cut into squares and enjoy!